Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Feels like another rambling entry. It's been craaaaazy HOT lately here in Seattle. First, crazy winter and now this boiling summer!! What is going on?! Probably global warming. *Sigh. I've been trying to lower my carbon footprint by unplugging electronics and such when I'm not using them. What have you been doing? It's been pretty chill the past few days. Sitting inside enjoying the air conditioning. I am very grateful we have some here at home. I've been thinking a little bit lately of friendships and how it changes as we grow. I guess I've always been fortunate as to have a lot of friends or people that seem to be my friends around me while growing up, so in that aspect, I guess I was never alone. I'm sure a lot of people around me think I am never lonely and always having fun but its not always true. Sometimes it IS lonely. Mostly because I have lots of friends and such...but not CLOSE friends. Bosom friends. The kind that you can count on to be there for you through thick and thin. The kind that doesn't envy you but rejoices with you whenever life showers you with gifts. The kind of friend that is always honest with you, not afraid to argue or tell you when you're wrong because they care about you THAT much that they've become family and you can't help but to make up like family members do. I would love to have more friends like what I've described but the older I get, I realize they are very hard to come by. And I have come to accept that. I came across something today that I thought was very true. Hayden Panettiere did an interview in Seventeen magazine and when asked about friends and school she said something along the lines of how you can be friends with everyone but not everyone has to be your BEST friend. I find that so real. I am lucky in my life because I have lots of friends. I find myself EXTREMELY lucky because I have a few best friends. I think its a lot easier to have less friends as I grow up because its not about the quantity of relationships but the quality. So I think this year I will try to refine those quality relationships in my life and make them the best I can. Its funny how priorities change when you grow up. I thought I'd be sad about this change and maybe I am a little bit, yet I see the bigger picture and am looking forward to the future. Yes. I think I have a good life now but I believe my future is going to be even better : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment